Peltor Worktunes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by awayneward, Jun 18, 2004.

1. awayneward

awayneward LawnSite Member

Ok, Today is my Birthday ( yahoo :cry: ) One of my gifts was a set of Peltor Worktunes. Man these things are awesome. I took the day off, so I haven't mowed with them yet, but the noise reduction is amazing. I can't wait to mow wiith them to see how they eliminate mower noise. If they are well made (as they appear to be) and hold up well, this will prove to be one of the most useful gifts ever. Has anyone had these for a while? If so, how are they holding up ? Thanks
  2. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

my headpiece broke but electrical tape is holding them pretty good they fell off as I was going under a tree. They make the day go by faster. Here is an article that was in our local paper a month or so ago I thought was pretty amusing.

"I'm a professional lawn-mower mechanic and would like to thank the dudes who wear the stereo headsets instead of the noise-muffler headsets. That screeching noise you heard was not your CD skipping. It was the engine on your boss's $6,000 lawn mower locking up. Eh? P.S. I was looking for somebody to make the payment on my offshore fishing boat. Thanks much"
  3. CuttersCove

CuttersCove LawnSite Member

Same here, busted my ear piece already.

I love them but on the hot days I still wear ear plugs, the Peltors are almost like ear muffs.