1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

peltors? which model?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Nov 17, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

my wife ordered this model for me today for christmas...
    which of these models do you use, and what's the real difference?
  2. fga

there's also the yellow version, a few more bucks..
  3. fga

or the racetunes.. which has a input jack.
  4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the yellow ones. Got them at Lowes or HD, not sure which, for $49.95. They seem to work great. I use them all day when I am working. I not sure what the differences are. Check the web sight, maybe you can find info there.
  5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

The yellow ones are what I have and the most common. They are a life saver against both the engine noise and getting bored. I normally listen to talk radio. The yellows are analog tuning though. Talk her into spending a $100 or ever how much it is to upgrade to the digital tuning ones (not sure what color those are) as they will pick up the stations better. Also these are all HOT in the summer if you are in hot climates and I rarely wear them here in NC Jun-Aug.
  6. fga

as far as i see on the sellers pages, the only difference described is the color, and the yellow has a NRR rating of 25, the grey 22. just figured there would be more then that little difference, you know. why even make another product so similar.

do you get good reception with those?
  7. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

What's Peltor's website address?

8. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I have the yellow ones. When you fine tune it into the radio station, the reception is great.
  9. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Adam, I have the ones on top in yellow. I like them a lot and they work very well. I wish the AM worked better but I attribute that to the area I'm in. I picked mine up at ACE Hardware for $49, they matched Wal-mart.

Nice Christmas gift!

10. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

I have many pairs from Burgundy to yellow to blue and they all are really good units...