Pendulum as a Sterilant ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by BonesMalone, Jan 22, 2007.

1. BonesMalone

BonesMalone LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever used Pendulum Aquacap as a ground sterilant? It is labeled for 6-8 months control non-cropland @4.2 Qts/acre. If my fiqures are right it would be much cheaper than Pramitol ,Sahara and others.I have my doubts on the 6-8 months control.
  2. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

pendulm is a pre-emergent for grassweeds (monicot weeds), and has only a few broadleaf weeds listed. a soil sterilant will help control both grass and broadleaf weeds and also kill what is there. as far a 6-8mo control with pendulm good luck! the only way to get that control would be spliting the apps. if you go with dimension it will give pre-emergent and some post emergent control of crabgrass, which is a better way to go if you can fit the cost into your existing program. jmo
  3. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Pendulum is a heck of a pre-emergant, but is definitely NOT a sterilant. I believe it's Pendimethalin, which has been around for years. If they could figure out a way to make it non-staining it would be perfect. 6-8 months of control?? Seriously doubt that. Maybe under perfect conditions, but when do you get those??