Pendulum Pre-emergent timing

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by thor20003, Mar 23, 2007.

1. thor20003

thor20003 LawnSite Member

I am in north central Oklahoma and just wondered if it is too late to apply pre-emergent in my areas.

Thanks for any help.

2. steve's total lawn care

steve's total lawn care LawnSite Member

Yeah its starting to get too late. Crabgrass is already coming out some of it is thicker in some of the lawns than in others but for the most part you should of had your pre-m down before march the 15th. We start our spring apps in jan thru mar the 15th using roundup and aquacap after march the 15th we just use triplett and atrazine the only thing that atrazine controls is your broadleafs preemergently not your crabgrass. but for crabgrass pre-m we use the pendulum aquacap we got away from using regular pendulum because it was clogging and ruining my spray pumps i hate that stuff. How busy are you we still have well over 100 lawns left to spray we are fixing to start throwing MSMA in our tank possible next week to control the esablished crabgrass and dallisgrass but still will use our triplett for the broadleafs and the atrazine. Ohh by the way how many quarts are you running of your chemicals per every 100 gallons of water we use 2 quarts per every 100 gallons of water and get great results but i don't if you boom or walk your lawns so you may be mixing yours different. BTW i am out of holdenville OK if you have more questions id more than happy to help you out since we are in Oklahoma.

3. thor20003

thor20003 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. I have been using a pint per 25 gallons of aquacap. What do you think about 2-4-d Amine? I was thinking of mixing 2-4-d with Aquacap to get the ones that have not come up and kill the weeds already up (mostly dandelions) I was thinking about coming back with MSMA a few weeks after the aquacap to get anything that it didn't take care of. Do you know if these two mix well?

I don't do this commercially and only do a few lawns, like mine, grandma's and our local church.

4. steve's total lawn care

steve's total lawn care LawnSite Member

A pint per 25 gallons of water is right on cue how your mixing your chemicals. On the 24d amine no don't use it you wont get a very good kill on broadleafs it wont hardly touch clover and dandelions use triplett or trimec they contain 24d but also dicamba and mcpp and mcpa which will smoke broadleafs plus dandelions and clovers which 24d alone wont effect these weeds. as far as your pre-m if the places you spray has no crabgrass at all then go ahead and throw in the aquacap but mix it at a quart per your 25 gallons you will get 8 months control on 70% of your crabgrass you still will need to spot spray with msma though. btw on the triplett use a surfactant its called ''surfking'' to get good control on the broadleafs other wise you will be respraying a month later thats how much of a difference this stuff makes in your percentage of control. i hope you are licensed because if you are buy your chemicals through estes you have one in tulsa i order through the one in okc its closer for me they have every thing you can imagine from herbicides,insecticides,fertilizers,grass seed,spray rigs,spray parts,spreaders etc and they are great to deal with plus with your license you get it cheaper then from buying it from someone else the phone number to the one in tulsa is 1 800 234 9794 and for okc 1 800 234 9795 . Goodluck and if you have more questions holla at me, LATER!!!!!!!!!!

5. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I often try and time my applications with the red bud blooms begin to break.

6. Tulialawncare

Tulialawncare LawnSite Member

I live in the Texas panhandle what are you paying for the triplett or trimec?

7. JWB

JWB LawnSite Member

I just last week stopped using aquacap, using Triplet only now, probably start using msma next week. What amount msma you using per 100? We have alot of sandburs, not alot of crabgrass in my yards. (Blanchard, Just west of Norman)

8. JWB

JWB LawnSite Member

Trimec-$124 case of 21/2--Estes