1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pendulum -Safe ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ArizPestWeed, Jul 12, 2007.

1. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Now there seems to be a situation with Pendulum , the girls next door to the yard I treated 4 months ago are now saying that they are very very chemical sensitive and the treatment made them sick.
    They went knocking on doors lookin for others that got sick , found a 86 year old woman , that I know and is out of her mind -
    have talked to her many times , and they have involved her in this .
    The home they live in is old and so are the homes in the neighborhood .
    Hypocritical , I'll bet they are .
    What a load of poop .
    Histrionics , maybe , maybe not .
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

pendalum is pendamethalin--same as Scotts Turfbuilder. The problem could have come from anywhere around them in other yards. The toxicity is very low. Since they claim to be very very chemically sensitive--there are hundreds of other chemicals in the air --in their carpet--in their toothpaste--in their car--all of which are probably affecting them, unless the problem is psychosomatic. Ask them to see a psychologist to rule out psychosomatic problems first.
  3. lordohturf

lordohturf LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

Two hundred grains of salt over shoulder. If you used the EC formulation, it was probably the fumes, a non toxic by-product, that bothered them. Eventually they'll get over it. There is a new formula called Pendulum Aqua Cap that is a low oder version.
  4. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

All I use is the AC , quit using the smelly stuff years ago