1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Penn Mulch..even works in a truck bed !

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffyr, Oct 6, 2002.

1. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

So a bag of Penn Mulch and a bag of seed flopped over in the bed of the truck last week. I swept the mess but whatever fell between the wood planks on the truck floor stayed put. Well, after the rain and a sunny day......look what I found growing in the truck bed yesterday afternoon !

2. jeffyr

This is against the rack where a little pile sat

3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Hell that grows better than a couple of my customers lawns (LOL)!!1:drinkup:
  4. I had an old rag sitting in the back of my truck with seed laying on it, and after all the rain we had it looks just like the pick of your rack photo.
  5. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

LOL.. I am imaging someone weed whacking the bed then spraying with RoundUP.. Make sure you pre-em in the spring.. hate to see some broadleaf pop up..

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Why not do the whole outside of the truck. That'll get you noticed. Then you could spray your phone # on the side with round-p.
  7. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

like this guy?

grass car.gif
  8. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

same guy, Gene Pool

9. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I want to know how you're going to get a soil sample next spring, not to mention how you're going to stripe it!
  10. jeffyr

LOL to all replies :D

I was hoping these would be good for a laugh. As far as the striping it is there. All the grass is growing in neat rows between the planks.

I guess I need to crack out the drill for a soil sample.
    This is gonna be hell on the aerator next fall though !