Penn Mulch Price Check

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by roscioli, May 4, 2003.

1. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

How much do you guys pay for penn mulch per 50lb bag, and what quantity do you buy it in to get that price. thanks, MR

2. Rhodester

Rhodester LawnSite Member

Mike

Here in R.I. I pay a "contractors price" of $15.50 per bag.

Dave

3. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Does the rest of the forum think I am talking about bark mulch in pennsylvania or what? Maybe i should have asked "who here knows what penn mulch is?"

4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I pay $12/bag for the Lesco equivalent.

5. Craig Jones

Craig Jones LawnSite Member

I get it here in No. Va. for $13.50 a bag without quantity discounts. At times they run it on sale for $11.50. I do not buy large enough quantities of it to get a volume discount.

6. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Tried to buy it here and no one knows what it is. Lesco said they would order me some but it would have to be the whole pallet or nothing. Believe it worked out ot be 13 bucks per bag:(

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

$15.50 per 50 lb bag.
    We don't buy that much of it because we only do small lawn installs, so we don't get any discounted price because we don't buy in volumes.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It's a ridiculous 12 bucks a bag up here to cover "600" sq. ft.. THAT would sure raise the prices of seeding!:rolleyes:

9. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Been using UHS equivalent at $17.00\bag. Penn mulch is around the same usually, but it says it covers 750 - 800 sq. ft.? Still much cheaper for my customers vs. my price to install straw mulch, then return to remove & dispose of the straw after establishment.

10. Foz

Foz LawnSite Member

$12.99/Bag in small quantities, get a discount if we buy by teh pallet, retails for $16.99 here:cool: