Pennywort

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RAlmaroad, Aug 4, 2007.

1. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Pennywort keep trying to be a problem in one of the my St. Augustine yards. Image does a fair job on it but take repeated (3) applications to begin to knock it down. It comes back just when I think it's gone. I'm a little afraid to use of the Atrazine and basagran mix in the heat. BTW (2.5 gal 40% Atrazine) has gotten dirt cheap. Back to pennywort: Any suggestions--remember in warm season turf. Area is only about 4' X 6" and thin, but won't go away.
    Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Roy

2. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

well there is no reason to mix basagran in atrazine to kill dollarweed atrazine will do fine on its own...however you run a very high risk of introducing grey leaf spot by using it. nothing else available really other than image and that SUCKS
    for dollarweed.

3. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Manor is what you need for pennywort.

4. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

turf is correct manor + sticker is great for broadleaf on st aug

5. wrivers

wrivers LawnSite Member

When I use manor/blade on dollarweed, its usually back within a few months. I have had better luck with Certainty (1.25 oz/a) for long term control. If it's not too hot, you can mix in a little Trimec Southern to speed up control.

6. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

Call a liscened:hammerhead: professional