1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

pensacola

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by PappasPM, Jun 25, 2013.

1. PappasPM

PappasPM LawnSite Member

hi guys. my name is tony. i was born and raised at pensacola florida. i like to cut grass. u like to cut grass?

2. Love grass. Grow some good stuff every year
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. PappasPM

PappasPM LawnSite Member

nice!! Thats kinda why im here,if anyone can point me in the right direction. I herd someome say something about needing a lisense to do fertalization. I need to find info on this. All im doing now is mixing epson salt an miracal grow and spaying it on with a hose. Is this ok? I use round up in a backpack sprayer also.
    Thanks for any "TIPS AND ADVICE":drinkup:

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Check with Fla dept of Agriculture. You can't apply Any of the above without a lic.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. PappasPM

PappasPM LawnSite Member

thanks. checking now

6. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

True but enforcement is next to none in NW Florida. We do have a big loop hole here, If owner provides chemicals like the Roundup & says go spray this/that, Then no lic is needed.

7. PappasPM

PappasPM LawnSite Member

That is exactly what i needed to know. funny thing is i just did a yard next to one of those truegreen type guys and he told me the same thing:clapping:

Sorry if i dont speak the lingo yet. I come from a leather shop. Been doin that my whole life. Family business, but i got to get outside!

8. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

These folks can advise you on how to obtain a chemical lic:

Escambia County Extension Office

Address: 3740 Stefani Road, Cantonment, FL 32533-7792
    Phone: (850)475-5230

9. PappasPM

PappasPM LawnSite Member

Nice! Thanks guy. It always feels better to be legal.

10. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

You can do the fert. No herbicide or pesticide. Check out the new fines. OUCH