People are crazy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kalyeah, Apr 2, 2004.

1. kalyeah

kalyeah LawnSite Member

I was cutting a customers lawn today (these are nice homes in a nice neighborhood, but small lawns). Oriental guy comes out from next door and ask how much for his:
    I say $25
    He say too much $15 dollar
    I say $25
    He say small lawn $20
    I say no $25
    He finally gave in. It just trips me out that he tried to talk me down. Tried to barter with me. Hope we don't have to go through that ever week.

2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

To some cultures, this is standard operating procedure. Stand your ground and you'll do O.K.

3. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

you should have been like:

you $25
    he too much $15
    you $30
    etc.:D

4. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

LOL, I like your business philosophy.

5. Turfcutters Plus

Turfcutters Plus LawnSite Senior Member

Good job keeping your price.Thank GOD i don't have to deal with those kind of people anymore.What a jerk.

6. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Whats wrong with trying to get a lower price? Don't you try to get lower prices on the items you buy?
    It's good that he stuck to his original price, but wheeling and dealing on prices is the American way of doing business.

7. indmowing

indmowing LawnSite Member

Very True Dennis. But generally there is an allowance for haggling, especially in retail.

But we generally give a price that is what it's worth. And anyone haggling is bringing down your worth. $15 dollar is just insulting and $25 is a good price.

lol @ charlies - I have been tempted many times
    (As Catchy as this is it's actually is quite logical - you realise this person is going to be hard work in the future and he'll drop you in an instant for a cheaper price)

Ebony

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

dennis, haggling on a $30,000 car is one thing, haggling on a $25 cut is just disrespectful. i don't haggle with them after i eat at thier resuraunts and they bring a bill.....

9. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I agree with you Bobby, but many people have it in their blood to haggle on every price. It's their nature.
    But...if I find a hair in my dinner I ain't paying...no haggling!

10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

well, if it's short, and real curly, i definitely aint payin