People are so territorial

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBrother, Aug 24, 2007.

1. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

I did a small brush removal for a customer today, of some large weeds growing between the houses. She called later and asked if I removed any of the brush growing near her neighbor's house and I said yes, I did, but there was no extra charge, I just didn't see the sense in leaving half the area between the houses overgrown with weeds so I did the whole thing. She says, "Yeah, ok, well in the future could you go ahead and not touch anything growing on her side, even if it looks bad." I laughed and said sure, but I wanted to know why and she said "I don't like her and I don't want to do her any favors" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Man you try to do a good deed......

2. Eakern & Dog

Eakern & Dog LawnSite Senior Member

No good deed goes unpunished :)

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

LOL..... I had one like this b4...

it's a mad mad mad world

4. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a neighborhood squabble going on. At one of my accounts, the neighbors threw a toy 'Lawnmower' into my customers' yard, so when we mowed, we carried it over and set it on their porch. Next week, it was thrown back into the middle of my customers lawn, so I threw it back. This week it was on top of my customers' hedges. Its been going on for a couple of weeks now. My customer is in her 80's and lives alone, has no kids or grandkids here.

5. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

We have one where they said our mowers tires got on their driveway while cutting our customers lawn and that we left tire marks all over there driveway. Well we thought it was retarted anyway. But one day when I was there cutting I saw what all the tire marks where from. The idot that live there come flying down the street almost passes his house. then throws it in reverse before the truck had come to a complate stop and flys into the driveway in reverse. then stopping so fast that his truck slid three inches after the tires stopped moving.

I wonder where the tire marks came from now. people are idiots. So then a few weeks later we show up to cut and since we had been driving on their driveway( which of course we whern't anywahere near now because we realized they where idots so we stopped cutting a foot from there driveway and it was getting about a foot tall. So what we saw was they had sprayed a line about 8 inches from their driveway all the down the length of our customers property with round-up.

You just can't help but laugh at the stupidity of the average human being.

6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Just remember in general:

One AWSHIT wipes out all the ATTABOYS

7. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a man sue me one time for crossing over onto his lot by 3 feet with the tractor. The spot was about 10 feet long. There were 2 lots side by side and I was contracted by the lot owner next to him. There was a tree about 3 feet off the property line and I just went around it stepping onto his lot. by a few feet.

His suit stated substantial property value loss due to vegetation damage, and he was asking for $15,000. The judge looked at him and asked if he was a fool for wasting the courts time. About this time he got as beligerant with the judge as he did me on the phone for "messing up his lot". He eneded up wiht no settlement and 30 days for contempt of court.

People are just stupid sometimes.

8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Heh, that guy sounded like a real piece of (work)...

9. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

The worst part is that my insurance company was wanting to settle with the guy. I said no way. I told my agent (good reason for using a local agent) that if the insurance company settled, that I would sue their office for any rate increases due to the frivolous lawsuit. I think most people bring suits knowing that insurance companies do cost evaluation studies to see what is worth fighting and what is worth settling.

10. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Basicly the same thing happened to me on MY OWN property ......Damn neighbor was bitching i was mowing over the line( like who gives a crap ya know ) and for me to stay the he!! off his property so i did and he refused to mow to our line, so a 21" mower width of grass grew up between the properties.It grew to about knee high before the cops who i knew real well asked me to please mow it . we live right on the main street of town and it looked like hell and had all the towns folk talking lol Well i did mow it and the neighbor and i havent talked again in the 20 plus years i have lived here . He is a real a$$ and has a friggen beer in his hand 24-7