People Are Stupid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Glenn Lawn Care, May 12, 2008.

1. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

so i was blowing off this side and away from the curb so i could get a sweeper in and clean up the parking lot. ( strip mall) this lady going to blockbuster pulls up right in front of me were i was blowing. i looked at her and just shook my head and walk away and she gave me look like she did something wrong. its like people have no common sense or the curtesy to see that iam working, or they are just to dumb to realize it. my blood pressure went through the roof

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

You really shouldn't let it get to you that much...people are dumb. Simply put.

3. Precision09

Precision09 LawnSite Member

Alot of people are in their own thoughts and do not even see us working. We need to give extra precaution. I work along U.S. HWY everyday and with people talking on cell phones and driving 70 + on the outside lanes ,we are only inches from danger

4. FNG

FNG LawnSite Member

It might have made you feel better if she got covered in what you were blowing as she stepped out of her car. At least it would have made me laugh.

5. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Yes people are stupid. Try plowing snow sometime. Whats that flashing light for? Should I try to get in its way?

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Couldnt have said it better! :clapping:

7. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Well the light actually attracts them, kinda like a moth. They just have to stop,slow,or get in your way somehow to look at it flash, you cannot be mad at them! Its a natural instinct.

8. Amy

Amy LawnSite Member

Yea!! Kinda like you go to start plowing and seems like the entire town is on the same road as you, Grrrrr!!! and your waiting to get out to take another go and they slow right down to a snail's crawl. lol..

9. kartracer2000

kartracer2000 LawnSite Member

You guys should try driving an emergency vehicle with the lights on. It's amazing what people will do right in front of you.

10. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I could see that!!!