People in Florida can be so stupid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, Jun 11, 2008.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Its been dry down here and its taking its toll on St. Augustine, just like every year, brown spots everywhere. What pisses me off the most is my customers thinking its some how my fault, or that there is not enough fertilizer (glad I'm not in that business). I try to talk to them about how water makes the grass green. I also explain that using the irrigation system during the summer will be cheaper than me replacing the whole lawn.

Its a good thing we just got 2 days of rain last week, that helped green things up around her. Anybody have similar experiences with their customers here in Florida?

2. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

They aren't stupid only in Florida, look at what our government has done to this country. I am beginning to think there is something in the water or air causing stupidity in this US. This country always classified China as a third world country and now they own us, so what does that say, the US is now a fourth world country. It is really very sad when you stop and think about it.

3. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

NOT STUPID:nono:.....JUST UNEDUCATED!!!

4. M&SLawnCare

M&SLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

^ no, your backwards. We're over educated to the point we've lost our common sense. Almost everyone has a degree for this or a degree for that now, and the pretty much every kid knows he has to go to college. Yet when it comes to common sense things you should just know or be able to figure out, it seems their are nothing but morons around anymore that think they know it all because they are "educated".

Seriously if you need to have a "caution, contents are hot" written on your cup of coffee, do us all a favor and ignore the warnings about playing in traffic.

5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I appreciate you saving me the typing, that is exactly what I was about to say.

stupid

stu·pid [ stpəd ] (comparative stu·pi·der, superlative stu·pi·dest)

adjective

Definition:

1. regarded as unintelligent: regarded as showing a lack of intelligence, perception, or common sense.

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I have seen people kill perfectly good lawns with weed killer. OMG!! there is a weed!! Kill it before I go insane!! Swish out goes gallons of weedkiller. No more weed and no more lawn. Way to go boneheads:rolleyes::laugh:

7. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i think we all have those customers...o well, a bunch of mine pay me good money b/c of their stupidity.

8. Firefighter337

Firefighter337 LawnSite Senior Member

I bet the President's lawn does not have brown spots.

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

What does this have to do with the thread?

Do you live in the US? If so, you just ripped yourself based on below.
    We need more people with pride in our nation.

10. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i see truth in both posts, most people that have a really high or really low education dont have much common sense. but we should have pride in our country. it isnt the governments fault as much as it is the philosophy of our society, go to school and you're good enough to make a lot of money for a big company b/c you have the coveted degree.