People in IL

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JD657757, Apr 14, 2007.

1. JD657757

JD657757 LawnSite Member
    from chicago

When did or are you guys going to do your first cuts.

2. gdguth

gdguth LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I started about 2 weeks ago here in Central Illinois, but it has been very slow ever since due to the cold weather.

3. JD657757

JD657757 LawnSite Member
    from chicago

Up here i usually start the second week of april,:clapping: however because of the snow my first cuts will be this week.:cry:

4. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr LawnSite Member

Same here! Usually get started between th 10-15 of Apr but with the weater being so funky, guess this Monday the 16th.

C.

5. JD657757

JD657757 LawnSite Member
    from chicago

yep same here the yards are to wet to be on. I also have not noticed so much growth in the last few weeks.

6. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind LawnSite Member

i mowed last week and am going to mow again this week sometime when it stoppes bein so cold and wet

7. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

We cut about 4 on Friday 04/13, the rest will be this week. The weather is so damn wierd and cold i'm scared to cut really. Grass isnt taking of like it usually does and doesnt really look as healthy. But over the past couple years, I usually kick the cutting season off right around April 15th...:usflag:

8. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Just went out yesterday and did all my accounts and they needed it.

PS. Just decideed that I am getting out of the maintenance end and will be selling my 52" Toro Z-500 if anyone is looking. Fert and squirt from here on out. Here is the link for the mower ad.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=181980

9. CustomKare

CustomKare LawnSite Member

Did my first accounts Friday and this weekend. It's hit and miss. The front may need it or the back would but rare they both needed it. The sod customers are another couple weeks away if it stays cold. Had 2 that they must have left it extremely long in fall and they were double cutters. It was great to get back out there again though!

10. Herrick

Herrick LawnSite Senior Member

This week will be the third cut for most of my accounts. I've cut my own 4 or 5 times now... the warm spell really got things fired up around here.