1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

People need to learn

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by lawncare3, Aug 13, 2006.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok so I get a call from some guy that wants to get his lawn dethatched and aerated because he wants to reseed this lawn. 20ksf I tell him $425 (yes i know but the aisanese got this area screwed) he hangs up on me. Was I in the wrong?
  2. jeffinsgf

jeffinsgf LawnSite Senior Member

So, from your comment I gather that you think you underbid, but the customer hung up because he thought you were too high. How could you be wrong, if you already think $425 wasn't enough? You're going to have to take even less to satisfy this knucklehead. I don't think you need or want the guy. Forget it and move on.
  3. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

No, you're not in the wrong. You just have to realize that not everyone is going to agree with your prices. Move on.
  4. lawncare3

I always move on from someone that price shops. I just wanted to see what yall thought about the price what's something like that go for in your area. If someone calls me and the first thing they say is what do you charge the minimum goes up $75 to end all discussion.
  5. mjohnson1

mjohnson1 LawnSite Member

what the hell is an "aisanese?"
  6. lawncare3

asian guys everywhere here mowing at leat 9,000 of them from the springs to the fort
  7. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

I'd charge around $700 plus disposal.
  8. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't seen any up here.
  9. lawncare3

Well then consider yourself lucky.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Thatch and aerate 20,000sq=$2000