1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

people please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hole in one lco, Jun 1, 2004.

1. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

It boggles my mind that every body with a lawn mower thinks there a lawn care pro. I read allot on this site about people that don't no north from south but try to charge top dollar for service. People please do some home work before getting in to this business.
  2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Ok but i swear it wasn't me. :D

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

So maybe I should replace my broom with a electric blower????? Hole in One, this has to be one of the easiest lines of trade to get into. The cream always rises to the top!!!
  4. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Thats one of the reasons I sold the maint. side of my biz. To many people with a wagon and mower cutting lawns for 15-25 dollars, just could not compete with them since they had no overhead to pay.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

how about some extra credit homework
  6. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I think the customers these days are starting to like paying 10 or 15 bucks to have joe shmoe cut their lawn or their business and not care about quality, I was talking about this today to a friend, I've noticed a few places around here that used to have very reputable lco cut their places and then they dumped them for guys with mini vans and a 1970's riding mower. Oh well, i'll still do quality work and keep the people that care about their lawns
  7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Kinda like the people who are always asking how much mulch does it take to cover 100 sq. ft.?
    And now it is posted in the landscaping forum for those who can't do the most basic of math.
  8. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I know I lost a few accounts this year to these types. I tell my customers there is always someone that will do it for cheaper. When price drops, so does quality and dependablility. Plain and simple.
  9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is why I am trying to get out of the maintenance side. The money and customers are not like it used to be
  10. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

"know" north from south