People talking about lowballers>>Read this

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by metrolandscaping, Apr 9, 2007.

1. metrolandscaping

metrolandscaping LawnSite Member

I always see people talking about low ballers on this site. Try and compete with this. I thought this was a joke but its not. I found this on craigslist in Dallas TX long story why I was on there but read on!!!!!

CHEAP LAWN CARE!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: serv-308740566@craigslist.org
    Date: 2007-04-09, 12:46PM CDT

Highly motivated mowers wanting to make some extra cash and we will do your lawn for almost nothing!! just call me and i will give you a estimate on how much it would cost. We mow, trim hedges, trees, edge driveways and walkways, and weed eat around house and fence. Try us out on your next mow, just call me at (817)673-0894, or e-mail today!!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

License info: Unlicensed

PostingID: 308740566

2. Norris Lawn Service

Norris Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Ha, I saw a flier the other day, guy was charging flat rate of 10 bucks a yard, no questions asked...

I may sub him out on a couple of mine!

3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I like how it says, looking to make some "extra cash"

4. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

First thing that comes to my mind ... stolen equipment!

5. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I don't see the problem with that at all. It is the ones offering $8 lawns any size no questions asked that ya gotta worry about. The "next to nothing" could be $50.

6. fishman644

fishman644 LawnSite Member

:hammerhead: Those fly by nights usually dont last to long. Thats ok because when people try to go cheap they will usually end up paying more in the long run. If you do quality work you dont have to worry about the lowballers. I keep away from the people that always want to try to get you to do it for cheap. I've had alot of my clients for over 15 yrs and some for 25 yrs and there is a trust there that they cant get from someone new. I know what they want and how they want it done and i charge them accordingly with no questions asked. They know im fair with them and they understand that i have to make a profit to keep me on the job. Have had a few go cheap and before the season is over they are calling me back.

7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

There's a flier up at the local gas station here....

Hand raking....

$10 small yard
    $15 medium yard
    $20 big yard
    $30 HUGE yard

call xxx-xxx-xxxx

Considering I get a $150 minimum...... ?????

Should I call??

8. fishman644

fishman644 LawnSite Member

Guess people are desperate to do it for nothing.

9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I forgot to mention I maintain this gas station for $275 / month, takes about 20 minutes / week.

10. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Call him!!! Then give me his number and I'll see if he'll come out to NC for the fall!!! lol