1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

People viewing this topic? Full time or part time biz?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jonce, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Jonce

Jonce LawnSite Member
    from MN

I see that there is roughly 65 people viewing this thread right now. Every day at this time there are about the same number. On the weekends I see anywhere from 60-90 on this topic.

How many of you have full time jobs and mow part time? Are most of the people on here right now home for the day because of rain?

I work full time for a telecommunications company during the day. I am working on getting all the paperwork/website/insurance/etc. completed so I can start mowing part time (steadily). Just wondering if all of you are full time lawn maintenance owners/workers.

JOEWOOD LawnSite Member

Yes, Full Time!
    after time after time after time after time...LOL...

Joe... :realmad:

"Do not fight with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."
  3. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Fulltime fireman
  4. shortgut

shortgut LawnSite Member

I drive a school bus full time during school and still cut yards when the season comes around I try to get out early and work till noon or 1 PM then knock off till the next day as I can not handle heat too good due the results of cancer so I do what I can and leave the rest till the next day . I am at home today as on Tuesday I had to have my port a cath removed due to a infection, such a shame had that one for 62 months hope the new one that I will get week after next will last as long as this one did longer I pray I am tired of getting cut on, sorta feel like the little old lady that told my wife one time when she was asking about her surgeries she had the little ole lady said "hon I've been cut on from ******* to appetite that pretty well decribes the way that I feel LOL
  5. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

Full time work, part time pay.
  6. skurkp

skurkp LawnSite Member

I work full time for the man so I can get enough money, equipment, contracts to go out on my own. I currently make as much two days a week mowing as I do working all month for the man. I would like to know how many of us out there cover their own health insurance.
  7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

walked out on my full time job nov of 2003, i was making 70 k + in salary, plus bennies. i walked out on that job to cut grass. i'd never work for anyone again
  8. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

How many hours a year were you working to make 70 K at Kinko's Copy place making copies for people. :D

And why did they fire you after 1 month?
  9. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

Full time here.
    You can't really go by who's viewing at any given time, I never log out so It looks like I'm always on I guess, I'm sure others do the same.
  10. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm part time this year, very slow this year too since its my first year and I got started late. I only have 1 full day of mowing and do alot of extra jobs like mulch, shrub trimming, soon to start power washing, anything i can get my hands on :D next year I intend on going full time (planning for next year already) and intend on getting at least 50 weekly accounts.