people who put estimates ON their flyers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by contra, Mar 25, 2004.

1. contra

contra LawnSite Member

how do you do this? i dont think people want you walking around their yard, and unless you already know exactly how much you are cutting this really doesnt make sense.

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I have two flyers. One that people pass out for me, and one that has a spot for estimates on it. I personally give the estimates, so I peek around the fence or over the gate, and quote them a price right there on the flyer that has a spot for estimates.

3. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

Interesting. I would think that method would take forever tho. I would rather them give me a call in case there was something I missed

4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I have two spots on my flyers for estimates which I fill out as I walk around. Takes less time to write it on each one, then to walk to the next house. Works great, because people already know the ballpark I am in when they think about calling for services. This also gives the impression of efficiency, as I do not have to come back to give an estimate for mowing or aerating (the two things I put on the hanger) See the attached document of my door hangers, and it seems to work well!

Attached Files:

5. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

twins, like the flyer. I'm putting another round out this weekend as it's supposed to be warm and I think people will be thinking about their lawns more. I might do close to the same thing.
    thanks

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Twins, is there any way you can post your door hanger here? I can't seem to open the attachment.

Or perhaps you can try e-mailingl it to me at lawndawgz@yahoo.com

Thanks.

7. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

gogetter...

I sent you an email

8. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

Twins

Nice doorhanger. You covered all of the points. As I was looking at I was thinking that maybe most of the stuff on the front would look better on the back and vice versa. What do ya think?

Just a thought.

9. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is the flyer we use for lawn pricing.

Chris

10. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I do the same thing, sure it takes a little longer to pass out flyers, but for the most part, there isn't that much variation in prices. I have several flyers printed with my most common price on it and for the others that may require a different amount, than I just take a flyer with the higher price on it and mark through it and write the lower price. That way the homeowner thinks they are getting a discount.
    It also saves the time of going back out and giving another estimate. With the price already there almost everyone that calls back signs up for service. I wouldnt do it any other way.....Just my $0.02