People WILL pay for quality

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LB Landscaping, Apr 6, 2004.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Picked up a mowing customer last year, he claimed that the service he had in the past just wasn't consistant with quality and ignored requests he had made several times. I gave him my price and he said I was more but if the quality was there it would be worth it. Well yesterday the phone rings and it's a friend of his, says she would like some estimates. I shoot over this afternoon, ask her who has done it in the past and why she is looking for a new company. She tells me and said they damaged some of her siding and tore up the some of the turf with their mowers. She explained that she had called the owner and explained her disapointment, get this, he says well my guys are in a hurry they have alot to do in a day (how's that for customer service???). Anyway she tells me what she was paying the other company and I tell her my price (which was higher) and she said no problem and that she has heard about our quality and that it will be worth the extra money. See, they are out there guy's!!!!!

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Yep, picked up two in the last week under the same circumstances. Good business combined with good quality can and does work,regardless of the lawnsite "scrubs" that we hear so often about.

3. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

These "scrubs" may eventually be more valuable to use than we once imagined.

4. Four Season's

Four Season's LawnSite Member
    from Maine

LB Landscaping- Just out of curiosity where are you located in Maine? I am in the Lewiston-Auburn area.

5. LB Landscaping

from Maine

I'm in Portland!!!!

6. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyway she tells me what she was paying the other company and I tell her my price<----------so you know for a fact she wasnt lying to you?

im curious how much higher she said your price was?

7. LB Landscaping

from Maine

$20 per month, I didn't ask her old price she offered it. She might be yanking my chain but her neighbor the guy who gave her my number told me as well. It wouldn't have mattered what her old price was anyway, my price was what I needed to do the job regardless of what she was paying. What she "claims" she was paying was definatly a fair price.

8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That is great to hear that customers will pay for quality. There are others out there like this.........the trick is finding them.

Gravely_Man