1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

per acre price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SKAT LAWN, Jun 19, 2006.

SKAT LAWN LawnSite Member

what would you charge per acre cut for 12-20 acre job that can be mowed instead of bush hogged? thanks
  2. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

lol cut weekly at least $30-40 depeding on area.
    $360 for 12 acres $600 for 20 acres, thats at $30per acre. 20 acres could take one-2 guys all day long.
  3. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

We would price from $25 to $40 per acre. With 92" cut you can make some good money.
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If it's something that usually GOT bush hogged in the past, you might want to think twice about going out there with a mower cutting dang horse pasture. It can be done but it's usually pretty rough going (hence, slow motion). Not only do tractors have way bigger tires so it's a smoother ride but they may have left some ruts that will drive your blades into the dirt every time you hit one.

But if you got the machine for it, I'd say 360 - 600 myself, you might can go a little lower but that depends how tall the grass is to begin with, it could be considerably more, too.
  5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 20 acre - one mile of curbs, lots of trees - $490 - takes me 5 hrs with my mower to mow & trim. When my wife runs the other mower, it is 3 to 3.5 hrs. Obviously that is $10 short of $25 per acre.

Mowed Yards-Murray Turbo 3-Angles-4.jpg
  6. I agree with everyone else on price range. I especially agree with what topsites said about tractor ruts and Ramairfreak about the weekly cuts. Or at least regular cutting. Because of that it'll cost the customer considerably more than bush-hogging. But I have more than a couple of "converts" from bush-hogging.
    Good luck with it.

7. HudHag

HudHag LawnSite Member

what size mower are you using when you do it by yourself? Are there many hills?
  8. howierd3866

howierd3866 LawnSite Senior Member

40 acres between 5 and 6 hours include travel time every 2 weeks $350.00...
  9. BTM Lawn Maintenance L.L.C

BTM Lawn Maintenance L.L.C LawnSite Senior Member

No way,really? 40?
  10. howierd3866

howierd3866 LawnSite Senior Member

yep..I cheat..15ft batwing