per acre pricing w/ average of 2 acre per

Discussion in 'Sports Field Management' started by T.D.T., Feb 3, 2009.

1. T.D.T.

T.D.T. LawnSite Member

I'm bidding 100 acres of parks & sports fields they range from .05 to 7 acres the average is a little less than 2 acres. any suggestions on the going rate per acre? this is mowing only,no trimming and pretty open. thanks in advance for the advice!

2. bivey79

bivey79 LawnSite Member

nice.. I can't help with the bidding, as I'm a newbie, but good luck with that!

3. actionlawn4u

actionlawn4u LawnSite Member

Really depends the mowing conditions what you are mowing with and how often. But usually around 17 to 25 per acre.

4. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty LawnSite Member

also figure in the area that you are in plus the type of equipment and man power that you have

5. Midstate Lawncare

Midstate Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

bid each seperately, then bid them all together. You will see that you will give a huge ammount of money away bidding aggregate... but that may be what you have to do. Also, how much extra work could there be? landscaping? aerations? take that into consideration too. I wouldn't charge a penny under $20 per acre... try $25... nothing ventured nothing gained.

6. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

We get $50-$65 an acre here, depends on obsticles, trimming etc, I'd give a break for that much turf, but $20 is insane.....guess it depends on where your located.....Where are you Located????

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Please excuse me for being blunt but ARE YOU SERIOUS?

The best response until mine comes from bivey79.

My advice is to NOT bid on this job. You aren't ready. That is not being mean or me being an a-hole, it is sincere advice. Just look at the "advice" you were given so far. Look at the range of what they charge. How does that work for you?
    Please don't waste your time bidding on that job and stick with what you know at this point. There is so much wrong here that I am thinking this was a trolling post and it hooked me.

If anything is learned here it is that you need to re-evaluate weather you want to succeed or fail in lawn care.

If you are serious in asking this, Please tell US how much you would bid and why? I will then try and give you additional information.

8. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

This is about how much multiple acres go for around here as well. It truly is sad.

9. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

T.D.T.

Mow Ed is usually blunt but honest on answers we who have bid this kind of work can't really help unless we know alot more about the job. Location, level of difficulty, trimming no trimming i.e. we do a park and rec division but they do not have trim curbs sidewalks or fences. That's huge we average $20 an acre for that area. Most municipal contracts are awarded to lowest bidder. Equipment, what are hourly requirements. I have to have all of my workers earning $60 an hour to cover costs, wages and desired profits and such. When you give us some more info we can help.

10. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member