Per Cut, Monthly, Yearly...What's your take on it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MDLawn, Dec 3, 2012.

1. kyles landscape

kyles landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Were are you located ? I can't see from my phone but like you said your market will bear it mine will not
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I stated that and yes it's a business either way. I just look at it as a self employed job when you're doing all the labor. Especially this industry.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Down deep south SC, where the world runs backwards, we talk funny and our women don't have teeth LOL But we play some mean football!

4. Cpl, I agree with you 100%. Charge as much as you can. That is what biz is all about. That is what this country is supposed to be about.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. cpllawncare

Thanks FG I intend to.

6. As do I. I agree with the overhead thing. Why do people want to charge less bc they have less overhead? I think that you can be more competitive if you needed to be, but why charge less....
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. kyles landscape

kyles landscape LawnSite Senior Member

As do I I charge as much as I can get depending on the location some 30 some 40 some 50 I won't take a job were ill lose money but I will take one and make lil less profit in hopes it will lead to side work
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Common mistake, never assume extra work is forthcoming because you have a lower rate than the next guy. I'll admit, I've broken even on jobs because we maintained other properties for a customer, but the work was already there and even breaking even I was getting the margins where they needed to be.

9. cpllawncare

Kyle, it's all good! we all have our own way of doing business, if it's working for you keep doing what's working, shoot from the looks of it you've got a nicer rig than me so something is going right for ya.

10. cpllawncare

I agree, I've fallen for the "I'll give you more work if you'll cut me a deal on this one" never again though.