Per Cut, Monthly, Yearly...What's your take on it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MDLawn, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Hahaha yea I think imma start to bill monthly after this thread lol

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure...let me go upstairs and ask my mom. :laugh:

Actually I just printed out invoices for my last 3 fall cleanups. No point in holding onto them until the end of the month.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  3. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Rockefeller donated 132 million before he died to various charities and universities. We donate to school groups for field trips and the like, we donate toys for needy kids in town and also mow a little league field for free. I don't want a pat on the back, we do it because things have gone well for us and haven't for others. People have come up to us shaking our hand and one little league team sent us a thank you card. That's payment enough IMHO. When it comes to an end for all of us, people won't remember how much you have in your bank accounts but they WILL remeber how you conducted yourself as a person and what type of civic pride you had in your community. You come in this world and leave with one thing, your name......

4. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea I started this thread and participated in its untimely departure........:laugh:

5. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

very true..........

6. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

teasing is one thing and I can take a little teasing. it's good you brought this up because while my parents can take care of themselves now the idea is when they get older I will help them out. and what better way than to be living in the same house.

since I don't have or desire a wife or kids I can stay at home and plan to until the day my parents die.

like I said a little teasing is fine but orange and others seems to think I actually live in the basement and have a totally free ride living at home like some teenager. that's just not the case. never had been.

7. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Couldn't have said it any better myself! Just because your single and have no family of your own is no excuse for not giving back, I am also single and an only child, but I give back every chance I get. I've always said that once my company gets to the point that I can donate my services I will give free service to all veterans, because I'm one myself and know what it's like to sacrifice for your country.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  8. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

I applaud you for this. I get the feeling that you are holding your weight around the house and do things that need to be done w/o being asked.

9. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Okay getting back to the original question.

Say one was to bundle the following: all fertilizations, weed spot spraying, weekly mowing, aeration as needed. 5% off if the client pays with out being billed or prepays on a set date in the month. Advantage is fertilization doesn’t get skipped, lawn looks great, weeds in check etc. If you provide snow removal same amount every month all year.

Just makes sense to me. I believe it just has to be presented correctly.

10. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

big flaw there. I would NEVER and I mean never off a discount for any reason what so ever.

you can pay the whole year upfront, pay monthly, pay weekly, whatever. absolutely no discounts for any reason for anyone. family, friends included.

I'm not desperate for my money and I don't have to have it right away. the 30 days from the invoice is fine for me.