Per Event ....Help Needed

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by jrblawncare, Dec 8, 2000.

1. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have to ask this because it could come up...Lets say its Monday morning and the forcast says [for what thats worth] 4 to 6 inches is on the way,by noon we have 3 on the ground so I start to run my route commercial first then residentials...that night when it stops 2 more inches has fallen....I go out to "clean-up" my clients lots.I think you get the idea here,How should I bill for this?Should I bill for one push or two ? or maybe 1 1/2 the price.I'm not sure how to handle this....Thanks for your help....JRB

2. Michael Fronczak

Michael Fronczak LawnSite Member

Two pushes no question, you did it twice, get paid twice.

3. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Absolutely. No question. Two pushes.

4. Ben W

Ben W LawnSite Member

I would bill for two pushes. I have some contracts that I bill one rate for 4" to 12" another 12" to 14" and yet another rate for 14" +. But these are goverment jobs where you can make good money if you dont get 12" and just push 4".

5. jrblawncare

Thanks guys...Ben got me thinking of something else as far as per occurrence rates.Lets say I clear a lot for 60.00 at 1"-4".....How much more should I charge for 4"-6".....6"-8"...8"-up.I see that some contracts are set up this way for per occurrence rates,just tring to get a handle on how much to increase my prices as the amount of snow increases.Thanks [as I keep on learning] JRB

6. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

I give pricing per plowing per trip. The price is the same to plow the lot no matter how much snow falls on it, but we charge evry time we go there. And I know that we will never let let more than 2-3" gather before we plow. We used to charge 1-3 and then 3-5 and so on, but it got way to complicayed when we started tp grow. So now we have one price to plow x the number of times we plow and that will handle any storm and all pricing.
    Dino

7. jrblawncare

Dino,the only reason I asked was here alot of folks do not have anyone lined up to take care of snow removel,of course my goal is to change their way of thinking,so lets say we have a big event, for here 8 inches.I plow my clients 2 times, they get charged for two.At the end of the storm "Sue Snowflake" sees my ad in the paper and needs her drive plowed.....I feel she should pay more than for one trip don't you agree.

8. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

One shot deal.... crisis management ??
    Oh yeah.... they pay more (emergency service pricing).

9. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Yes, that is a different issue all together. Get as much money for that as possible. I had some one call me on friday while it was snowing. Like John said, signed the contract on the hood of the truck. She also understood that she is at the end of the list, and that she will pay more.
    There is a saying
    Piss poor planning on their part, does not constitute an emergency on your part.
    Get as much as you can.
    Dino