$ per guy in a gross year situation

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mike48114, Sep 11, 2002.

1. mike48114

mike48114 LawnSite Member

:confused:

Could someone tell me some praticle $ per guy numbers for a year. We are located in Michigan. We cut grass, bed maintenance, snow plowing, landscaping, brick paving.

any help would be great

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Your questin is kind of vague...can you be more specific about what you are looking for in way of info?

3. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Every crew member should be able to gross around 50k-60k so if there is 2 of you...then around 100k -120k gross per yr.

4. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

L&L every year puts out the State of the Industry.... In October 2001 they state:

The average was $51,360.... for revenue per employee. Keep in mind it's the average of all the companies that they surveyed.

5. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

Mike,

Per year is tuff. I shoot for a goal per man of about $3000.00 a month in sales. I do not how this compares? Per month might be simpler to look at.

6. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

We'll be between 70-100K/man/yr this year, with no winter work or mowing. I know of several prominent folks here who do more.

Doing hard and soft scapes only helps keep that # high.

I shoot for $700-1000 in work per man per production day.

7. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Stonehenge,
    Are you hiring? I have been told that I am the hardest worker any one has ever seen! You clear more off one guy that I do off an entire crew. My crew works very hard also. I would not be a good boss if I did not bring these diligent hard workers with me.

Where can we apply? No in all honesty WOW! that is a lot of dough! A grand a day per person? How many people? Your doing better than Tommy Voo
    Keep it up you will be eligiable to collect your retirement in a few years regardless of your age. Better employ a full time finacial planner to manage that kind of cabbage. Even some Lottery winners find them selves broke.

8. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

For Stonehenge's work that what you should be doing or better. Remember material still has to come off that number, with mowing you have no material!

9. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

remember averages..... why shoot for average or less?

10. In order to meet expenses I try to do about the same as stonehenge.... we only do irrigation and landscape contracting

I also only track the "gross net" per day...that is I only track labor and net on parts. Of course this is not profit but it is how I have set up my budget since the parts are always different.

That being said, I want my repair techs to average 400 per day and the install crew to average 600 per day (2 guys)......This will keep the bills paid and the cashflow up. Any less than 1400 per month and I worry. Idon't lose money, just worry.

As for revenue.......it is at about 10-12k per month per man. But to me, that number is irrelevant as materials come off of that as well.......