Per hour rate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jhengen, Feb 19, 2002.

1. jhengen

jhengen LawnSite Member
    from mpls.mn

How much should I try to make per hour for mowing and trimming? I have a 48" lesco Hydo. I prettyt good at knowing how long it will take me to mow and trim an account, with taking into consideration trees and hills, I just don't know how much I should make per hour. I work south of the river in Mn. Thank you.

2. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

Pricing all depends on what your comfortable with (making a profit after paying expenses) and what kind of money you can get in your area.
    Well I assume you are working by yourself, and if I worked alone.. I would shoot to get about gross $40-$60 an hour, or (2) $25.00- $30.00 houses done an hour. I would set a minimum on your per cut charge. (for us its $30.00 minimum, for you it may be different.) And base all you cuts on that hourly rate. if you add a helper to your crew... your hourly rate will go up.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

You MUST know your costs first! No way around that, without that info, your shooting in the dark. I don't break mine down into hours, but per stop cost. I guess that comes from my accounting background.

If you averaged mine out, it would be in the $65-$70 range.

4. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

Well that all depends on what it cost you to do biz, me i know my hourly cost are $27.95 an hour so i charge $35.00 a hour for maintence (PER MAN)and $55.00 an hour for irrigation.

These are pretty much the going rates here we don't make as much per hour as the east coast guys but we work year round.

5. jjfehr

jjfehr LawnSite Member

What do you pay your maint. guys? In other words, what does it cost you / hour, minus labor?

6. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

I cannot even begin to get into what my overhead is.... I pay my guys anywheres from $8.00 - $14.00 per hour on the books.