per man/per hour

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasmo, Jul 29, 2002.

1. grasmo

grasmo LawnSite Member
    from fl

why do people charge like this? $50 per man/per hour. why not charge the $50 plus whatever the extra guys salary is?
  2. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

For my area that would be a little on the high sude depending on the type of work being performed.
  3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

You said - why not charge the $50 plus whatever the extra guys salary is?

I'll tell you exactly why. You'd be losing money. Who covers the workman's comp overhead, the travel time, the matched taxes, the overtime, the paid breaks and all of the other overhead costs involved w/ laborer's.

Personally, I don't believe that other than single LCO's who manage their routes to the fullest that most do not make the $50-$60/manhour!!!

You should charge that which the industry will bear in your area as long as you are covering your overhead and making an acceptble profit to meet your needs.

4. wolfpacklawn

wolfpacklawn LawnSite Member

Because you want to make a profit on the work of your employees. If you don't understand the idea of making a profit from your employees you really should get a book on the basics of business and economics or take a class at your local community college.
  5. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

WOW. Sorry to be rude, but think about what you just asked. Why should I charge 10/hr for my employee? Then lose out on taxes, insurance, etc.. etc.. etc... Hello? Why is your employee worth only 10/hr to the customer while you are worth 40... What happens if you have 5 employees workign for you at once? Man, good luck in business... Get a book.