per tree price for leafs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by homerescue, Feb 3, 2004.

1. homerescue

homerescue LawnSite Member
    from wv

Hows everyone doing through the winter. Anyway does anyone have a method for estimating leaf removal per tree like say, each small tree 20'-25' 50.00per tree, medium size 25'-40' 75.00 per tree larger tree 100.00 per tree so say 3 large trees would be 300.00 for fall cleanup once in october, once in november. And say maybe 25.00 for estimating blowing out beds. Any kind of estimating formulas would be great, I can't use a per hour price. Thanks for any help.
    :confused:

2. Yard Perfect

Yard Perfect LawnSite Member

I don't have a size formula, because 'what type of tree' matters more than size. The size of the leaf, how wet they are, and how I will pick them up, the complexity of the flower beds are all factors. I estimate how long it will take, add in some fluff time and bid a price on my expectations.

3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have a size formula either... I can always tell how to charge for a lawn and any other job at a house by just looking at it for the most part. I only calculate out things for installations such as a patio, wall, etc... because I have to figure out materials. If you guess and aren't sure make sure you overbid not underbid becuase you don't want to loose money.

4. homerescue

from wv

Just looking for a rough estimate, I have residentials down pretty good but I'm looking at a larger commercial property, just trying to find a rough rule of thumb can add variables in for difficulty.

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Man, if we could just get it down to "by the leaf" for removals, we'd be rolling in cash here in WV......

6. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

After you do a few, estimate your hourly rate, add an hour or so, and there is your price.

Per tree really means nothing......you could have 1 tree, but it falls in a cotonester bed....or you could have 40 trees which blow over to the neighbors.

7. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I dont mean to be a smart arse here but....if you can't eventually be able to look at a property and come up with a range of cost to remove leaves, you might want to consider not doing leaf removal. You might want to consider using a low to high price range if you can't/won't use an hourly rate.
    We use an hourly rate or we dont do the cleanup

8. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Wow so do you go out and count all the leaves too

9. homerescue

from wv

see you ask a serious question and somebody has to come up with a smart comment. I said I have done residential b-4 and this property is commercial and is not heavily wooded, and I know about adding on foe variables like flower beds. I quess I'll just read posts from now on instead of asking dumba@@ questions, sorry to offend such a professional like you weatherman.

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Don't use a tree estimate either. Before you can get an exact estimate for fall clean ups you usually have to work through a property for about a year. That is why I still and will always charge by the hour. Too many factors involved that can screw you if you are not on right.