Percentage of calls from flyers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BufalinoLand, Feb 13, 2006.

1. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

I have heard the % of calls from flyer is usually 1%, does this sound correct
  2. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

There are many variables, but I would say 1-2% is average.
  3. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

overall yes. The more you put out it seems the lower the percentage. Then half or more of those are price shoppers. its not all bad though. I strung out around 1000 flyers a few years back. I ended up with about 3 accounts. It paid for the advertising and then sum. I made money on the repeat business from these customers and also the referals. So 3 does not see like a lot but it will add up in the end. I still do these 3 plus there referals, and the referal's referals. So the money has been well spent for the flyers and they are customers I do not need to pay for again.
  4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I got lucky last year, I put out only about 200 or so in an area where I only wanted about 2 or 3 lawns to fill my schedule and the response I got was pretty good. I gained 3 customers (good paying) ones at that. I am printing up some more but I'm only going to put out about 200 or so twice a year in 2 areas I want to start getting into. At least these prospective clients will see my name twice a year
  5. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

Yupper, Im tired of working for people who dont want to spend a lot of money. So I am targeting neighborhoods that i think people dont have enough time to do their lawnwork. Its not who cant its who wont

Im firing out about 4-5000 postcards and letters, its gonna cost me some jing, but targeting neighborhoods is better than getting a mass mailing with price shoppers

thanks alot
  6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I know 1% has been kind of a rule of thumb, but don't get discouraged if it's less. It all comes down to the area being marketed.
  7. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Thats exactly what im doing except im doing about 1500 Postcards. I usually get ALOT better response rate than what people are saying on hear. Heck A few hundred doorhangers got me a ton of work last year.
  8. sgallaher

sgallaher LawnSite Senior Member

I just mailed out about 250 fliers last Friday and I've already received 2 calls. Of course it also just snowed about 14" here so now not too many people are thinking about landscaping and mowing.
    us flag