Percentage of Gross Spent on Fuel

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JContracting, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Our sales are down 10k from the previous season. 10% would be $21,400 for us and I do not think we are there. I won't know for 4-7 days when we get our last amx bill and have all the receipts for the last year accounted for. My guess is $15,000 so probably going to be 7%. And thats way to high and we are actively researching more fuel efficient mowers / alternative fuel mowers.

2. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

i was just around 6.5% this year. Single truck pulling a procat and snapper walk behind. sometimes a 10' dump also

3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Actually got the numbers early came in at 7.43% this year I had 7.42% last year. 5.9% for 2010 and 4.95% for 2009. The new trucks have helped keep that down a bit with out them Id be looking at 9-10%. Their is a big difference from the 1.89 a gallon price I paid the day Obama took office and the 3.65 a gallon price it is today which is down from nearly 5 bucks last summer. It's really hard to cap it when the fuel prices are jumping 100% in 4 years.

4. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Just a quick look shows 8-9% all gasoline. But that includes snow plowing, snow blowing etc too in the winter. Didn't separate it all out by services.

5. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

When I get home ill crunch my #s some more. Calculate my equipment fuel for summer and figure how much has been spent total for snow.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. matt spinniken

matt spinniken LawnSite Senior Member

We are at 7% with 3 chevy 2500's and 1 1500.

7. JContracting

So far I'm at 8.9% and climbing. Probably about through half my receipts for 2012.

8. JContracting

I'm now at 12% for truck fuel but am not done. And 1.2% so far for equipment fuel.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Forgot to add in a few cash gas receipts. Now the final count is 9.68%.

:drinkup:

10. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

between 14-18% numbers arent done yet