1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Percentage you use your skid?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by IHI, Mar 29, 2007.

1. IHI

IHI LawnSite Member

For those of you that are general landscapers with a skid or two. What is the percentage of use or hours per week do you use it? Has it been a good investment for you?
  2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I put 125 hours on mine last year.

Worth every penny. Its a support peice of equipment. Some days it only gets used for 5 minutes to move pallets.
  3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

So, isn't that costing you about $50 an hour to run it not including fuel and maintenance?

Est $30k cost / 60 months = 6000 a year payments / 125 hours = 48.

Do you make any money when its on?
  4. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

More money then carry block and wheel barreling material.
  5. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Since my company name is Bobcat Landscaping Service i think it gets use.
  6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I have 600 hours on a new 06 440 picked up in June of 06 and 225 hours on a new 465 picked up in Nov I think. I don't know that I am a general landscaper. Actually I am probably whatever I need to be to be in the.....payup
  7. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

I just keep finding more and more uses for mine, which in turn creates more ops for making money with it.
  8. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We put 26hrs on our 262 last week. There isn't a day that goes by that at least one machine is getting used, unless it's pouring out. Even then there are times.
  9. 2109 Stang

2109 Stang LawnSite Member

I got my 2109 in Nov 05 and I never expected to use it more than 500 or 600 hrs a year ,but that was cut short ,I only have about 260 hrs ,those are hi paying hrs but still half of what I've expected, after the 2005 hurricane season construction has shut down to an almost dead stop in my area and it looks like is not going to pick up any time soon,the prices of construction material had sky rise to the point of ridiculous $160 for a yard of concrete $700 to $800 for a 20cy of #57 rock and lime stone fill to around $600 to $700 per truck load no wonder an average house 1300 sf is in the $500,000 area, not looking too good.