1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

perdy' grass

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bettern'goats, Jul 23, 2002.

1. bettern'goats

bettern'goats LawnSite Member

I've been noticing some of the pics various members posts. How did you get the diagonal lines. I read on here a few weeks ago to mow into the sun, the mow in the opposite direction. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Mike.
  2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of the guys use steam rollers every other week...
  3. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

Doesn't that have adverse affects on soil compaction? I personally like drop spreader stripes...
  4. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I hitch 3 of my dogs together and make 'em pee in a straight line. If you need wider stripes, use more dogs. :)
  5. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

That allows us to upsell our aeration services. ;)
  6. ceaman

ceaman LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Since you are new I will tell ya' to do a search on stripes.
  7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Here's some awesome stripes from a well known well loved member who passed on earlier this year, EricELM was his lawnsite.com username, if you search the archives you will find many of his posts. His webpage shows some stripes that no one is likely to live upto. Click on lawn pictures for about 40 lawn stripe pics (large, will take awhile to load and you may need to hit refresh, he wasn't a computer geek really) also check out the striping page, it is a good beginner's guide to striping.

Hope this helps,
    Eric (other Eric)