1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pere-emergents for filaree

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rob1, Oct 21, 2006.

1. rob1

rob1 LawnSite Member

I've been looking for an over-the-counter pre-emergent herbicide which will control white stem and/or red stem filaree in kikuyu{turf by default} So far none of the pre-emergents i researched mention filaree. Any suggetstions? Thanks.:waving:
  2. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

preemergents generally do not have all of the weeds they stop listed try to find one on the label thats related or in the same species.
  3. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

4. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

5. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I remember seeing it on Pendulum and Surflan labels and I'll bet Gallery has listed , too
  6. olive123

gallery has it on the label
  7. gsxr1100

gsxr1100 LawnSite Member
    from mobile

all state what I would have.
  8. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

one major point to consider: is the price of the pre-m worth the cost of control? meaning gallary is VERY expensive, can you just treat the weed each visit and have a happy customer? the problem i would have using gallary is that you will prevent most all broadleaf weeds (this stuff is very effective) and some home owners would not require your services (you did to good of a job, and now they don't need you to kill weeds they don't have). i find alot of people don't mind pushing a spreader, but the thought of spraying weeds is "lets get a lawn service to do it". jmo
  9. olive123

Its listed on the surflan and pendulum labels. Im not sure of the grass type you have but if its not listed then there ya go. Pretty cheap as far as pre-m's go.