1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Perfect Earth Landscape

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PerfectEarth, May 9, 2010.

1. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Some more.......

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good. I hate blue spruce, they kill my arms.
  3. PerfectEarth

Thanks Tim. Planting trees isn't really sexy...but 10 years from now, it'll be nice to drive by and see these.

I have red dots all over my arms as I type this. hahahaha! Yea, they suck. Had to roll up the sleeves today, as it hit 60. And I started sweating. Too early to sweat these days.

Did you hang it up on your biz? Have not been up-to-date around here...
  4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah man, I'm working out a deal with somebody on my accounts and trying to sell my mower. I still have my business technically this year, so I may end up doing some small installs here and there, but I kinda hope not.

Just money problems basically; couldn't afford to get the work that I needed to continue, if that makes sense. Just landed a good long-term job, so hopefully that works out.
  5. PerfectEarth

Makes perfect sense. I really love what I do, but those thoughts still creep in when the money fluctuates so much. It's tough. My main goal now is just to operate debt-free for a while and build up cash. A good long-term job is a great thing. Good luck!!
  6. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

That looks very professional Perfect. Like all of your work. Thanks for the pictures and inspiration.
  7. PerfectEarth

And thank you as always for the compliment!

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Your work is very impressive. Do you work by yourself or have a crew or a highly trained employee working with you? Your work is immaculate.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. PerfectEarth

Thanks Snapper! The vast majority of the work in this thread (and my work in the past couple years) has been done my me alone. I have finished some crazy jobs with no help (kinda dumb on my part)... Last year I had some labor to help with larger mulch jobs and some install/soil work. Had a promising young guy last Fall but it lasted about two weeks.

I just hired a new guy two weeks ago. He has some landscape experience but if a bit short on the detail end- a good guy and a decent worker though. He's very much straight labor...he follows behind me, cleans up, fills the big green buckets, dumps in the truck/trailer, etc.

My biggest mistake so far is not hiring or getting more labor earlier in my start-up. Admittedly, it was a bad mistake. I was maxed out on how much I could do alone. BUT- I didn't want a guy around if I didn't have a full schedule. it's been a tough balance but I think I'm ready this year.
  10. greenstar lawn

greenstar lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Those Spruces sure do look beautiful. Great work Perfect