Perfect Earth Landscape

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PerfectEarth, May 9, 2010.

1. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey bud where did you get the edging shovel I would like to get one like that instead of the half moon ones I currently use.

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

King of Spades have arguably the best edging spades on the market http://www.wwmfg.com/default.asp?contentID=1099

AM Leonard has some nice stuff also, but I like King of Spades's spades, lol

Not trying to answer for Perfect Earth just saying what I use :waving:

3. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

King of Spades is a nice shovel. No doubt.

I really like the Wolverine spade because of the weight. I think most spades have a slight curve to the edge- which is why I always make each cut with half the length of the shovel edge, and not the full edge. If you did that, you'd have a wavy line.

You can't go wrong with most all-steel spades. Most all my nurseries round here have a nice tool section that carries these. Or order one online. A.M. Leonard is a good source.

4. PerfectEarth

A nice groundcover job. Ran a box or two short and have to add some natural limestone step rocks. These people were stick of fighting to grow grass every year so.... it will end up being almost 2,000 Pachysandra pots. My back is killing me. In the future we will probably add some Hostas, ferns, Green Mountain Boxwood, astilbe...etc. Make a little shade garden. But now we just want a nice groundcover bed to be established.

DSC03640.JPG

DSC03646.JPG

DSC03649.JPG

DSC03659.JPG

5. PerfectEarth

more..................

DSC03651.JPG

DSC03652.JPG

DSC03653.JPG

DSC03660.JPG

DSC03661.JPG

6. lawnboyscsra

lawnboyscsra LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Great work as always. I would have needed a new back after finishing that.

7. PerfectEarth

Thanks! My back is killing me. Even the slight bending over to drill the holes was brutal. My guy was in pain as well. The check will ease the hurt tho!

8. lawnboyscsra

lawnboyscsra LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

How much did those plants run a piece? Your cost.

9. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

that came out awesome!!:drinkup:

10. kgserv

kgserv LawnSite Member

p.e. great looking jobs, you must enjoy the work as much as i do. i wish i lived in an area like yours that people had some money to let me be a little bit more creative. your story is kinda similar to mine except i worked at a nursery for a while instead of a millionaire. glad to see you are anal about your edges also, i use the k o spades(especially when im looking for electric lines), the brd 280 (awesome), but heres a lil secret i learned at hort college. after you spade or brd the edge hit it with the vertical shear, it really cleans up the loose grass that hangs in the bed. some times u can use them alone to clean up edges later in the season. we had to do alot of edging at school with these things and they take some practice ,but once you get the hang of it you will definitly add even more class to your work.buy them at am leonard make sure they are the vertical ones. good luck this year