Perfect Earth Landscape

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PerfectEarth, May 9, 2010.

1. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you do my yard?
  2. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL, yeah. Can I bill you drive time? :waving:

Hate black mulch but had to do some today. Nothing special. Don't pay attention to the grass. Homeowner was mowing when I left.

3. greenstar lawn

greenstar lawn LawnSite Senior Member

You my friend have a giftThumbs Up

Keep the work pictures coming
  4. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I don't really like the black muclh myself. Looks nice though.
  5. rlmlandscape

rlmlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome looking as always. I gotta try and get my bed edges looking as good as yours this year.

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

that came out nice,makes the brick pop out .
  7. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Any updates? staying busy?
  8. RT Mowing

RT Mowing LawnSite Member
    from Mid TN

Do you say that just because of the look or is there some other reason?

I don't know anything about landscaping so I'm just curious why an expert wouldn't like it.
  9. PerfectEarth

On black mulch- it tends to be way too chunky and all the big bits and pieces (of lumber) rise to the top, they get out of the beds and scatter around... I think it tends to not break down as well also. I hate how it stains everything. And I think anything artificially colored is cheesy in a nice landscape- but a black is better than red. I have NEVER laid red mulch in my life.

The wood in black mulch isn't a true bark hardwood, which I prefer to lay. It's chips and junky wood. Have not found a good black mulch that would be comparable to the texture of a natural brown. There's one around here that's close, but it's 36 per yard, wholesale.

I do find it easier to lay for some reason. A natural brown bark hardwood is harder to get smooth because it's more shredded and fine- you can't fudge it.
  10. PerfectEarth

More mulch....... and trimming. Boxwoods are getting hairy really early this year. Again, wish I had "before" pics. This place was a mess.