Perfect Earth Landscape

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PerfectEarth, May 9, 2010.

1. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Just do a search online or click one of the Fluid Film sponsor buttons. They have a section on LS too. Good stuff for a million uses. Keeps your trimmers pretty clean (no green buildup) while doing shrubs. It's not petroleum based so foliage won't be harmed. Good for lubing up a million things and preventing rust on equipment.
  2. troyota71

troyota71 LawnSite Member
    from ontario

I do use fluid film but did not know that it was not petroleum based . I'll give it a try and thanks for the tip. Did you know that fluid film does not conduct electricity which I found out when I sprayed the tongue on my boat trailer and rewired it twice before i spayed parts cleaner on the hitch and well I now have lights. I use " Orange Kutt" which I keep it in a 5"/30" tube to dip my bars in to keep sap free and to disinfect them.Also I have another tube with " Stihl Bio Chain bar oil" to keep them lubed.Works very well.
  3. PerfectEarth

Here's a new project- total backyard renovation. Theme is very simple. We're not going to have tons of plants and tricky designs. Still, it'll look great. Ground is hard and lots of underground surprises here :dizzy:

Found some really nice Foster Hollies for this job. Brought a lot of spoil into the back yard. These are not the true 'before shots'... for some reason i slacked on pics at the start. Hooked up a soil cultivator to the Dingo. Thing kicked ass, really prepped the ground nicely (in the open areas, not under the trees)

4. PerfectEarth

a few more........ one day I'll finish it. :eek:

5. greatinmulchbeds

greatinmulchbeds LawnSite Member

clean and simple! I like it....the oakleafs will really fill that corner in nice
  6. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Boy, you guys look just as dry in KY as we are here.

7. PerfectEarth

Thanks, it's really looking better as of today. Oakleafs are one of my favorite plants.

Yup, that backyard is dust right now. And about 5 inches down, it's the reddest clay ever. It's friable clay (it'll break up easy in your hand) so it mixes in well with the soil mix I brought in. I'm digging the holes a bit larger than usual to get that water to soak in around the rootballs.

As dry as it is, things still look decent as far as being green and somewhat lush. I think the plants have stored enough water from earlier in the year or something!

I'm afraid to lay sod on Friday- it's that kind of dry soil that is hard to get wet. The water just runs off. Often, light watering I suppose....

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

looks very good..with the foster holly do you take a aggressive approach to trimming them because of how big they can get?
  9. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking good as usual. I have that same Wolverine shovel :)
  10. PerfectEarth

The more you trim them, the more full they get usually. It stimulates them like crazy. You can trim a Foster 3-4 times a year. We're going to let these get some size on them by not aggressively trimming them. The plan would be to knock off just a little of the new growth once or twice a year, halfway back to the tight part of the leaves so they can grow vertically also. Heavy trimming tends to keep them smaller in terms of height.

They're great shovels, aren't they?

Added a nice dogwood today, some Karen Azalea, and Otto Luyken Laurels. Wating on my Green Mountain Boxwoods to come in. Sod Friday.