1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Perfect Earth Landscape

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PerfectEarth, May 9, 2010.

1. Byerley

Byerley LawnSite Member

Do you have pictures of your shop?
  2. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I do. Most are not of the shop or property specifically- there are some pictures in this thread highlighting other things, but have the property I lease in the photo. I'll try and dig some up that are general.

I don't want to take really specific pics of the area or inside the finished barn (the "shop") due to privacy reasons. It's a unique situation and I'm lucky to have it.
  3. PerfectEarth

Here's a pic inside the barn, getting the truck ready for snow last year.

And some winter truck shots-

4. brandoncuts54

brandoncuts54 LawnSite Senior Member

That snow set up is so nice man! love that truck! do u sub contract?
  5. qualitylawnpro

qualitylawnpro LawnSite Senior Member

very nice work and equipment!
  6. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you draw your own landscape plans?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor LawnSite Senior Member

How do you like those cutting edge wear guards? Are they worth the money, and do they work well? Do they affect the scraping ability of the edge?
  8. PerfectEarth

Thanks! Yes, I have NONE of my own accounts. I plow for a close friend of mine who runs a decent commercial landscape company. He has large commercials and we do a all the city streets for a town here in Louisville- probably the equivalent of 7 or 8 decent sized neighborhoods.

I do. Most of the smaller stuff does not get a drawing. A rough sketch most of the time- customer's seem to follow the description, plant list and drawing pretty well. Larger stuff gets a more detailed drawing. Would love a program but the expense and learning curve scares me.

They're pretty affordable- both sides for about 120? I got them direct from Winter Equipment. I think some of big snow parts suppliers have them for 140-160...

They seem to be doing the job so far! You mount them just a quarter inch or so above the new cutting edge and let the wear of the edge meet the guard. So then they bear the bulk of the wear- They have carbide in them. So far (in what little action the plow has seen) they don't affect the scraping. They've worn in perfectly with the edge.
  9. PerfectEarth

Here's a so-so pic of the wear and how they match up after a few outings-

10. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

Remember you saying "can't wait to see the rust next yr" so how bad was it?