Perfect Earth Landscape

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PerfectEarth, May 9, 2010.

1. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

A few pages back, I have some more of the start of this project. We wrapped up a couple weeks ago. Here are a couple 'before' shots to refresh memories and the completed project. We're very happy with the result, but I can't wait to see this in a couple years when it fills in. It's very perennial-heavy with lots of grasses and details that should merge into a nice landscape.

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

DSC_0266.jpg

2. PerfectEarth

And more..... we have so many pictures of this I'm just throwing up randoms. Too much time to put them in a decent order or pick the "best."

These are pretty much final pics-

DSC_0331.jpg

DSC_0332.jpg

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0346.jpg

DSC_0434.jpg

DSC_0436.jpg

3. PerfectEarth

Last bunch..........

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

DSC_0468.jpg

4. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks Phenomenal! Thumbs Up

5. PerfectEarth

Thanks...!

6. rlmlandscape

rlmlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Beautiful Job! I always love seeing your work. Whenever I work on a design project I come to your thread for ideas in plant material. Is that wild thyme that is planted in the larger of the flagstone walkways. Top notch stuff man.

7. PerfectEarth

Yea, we put a bunch of thyme and some other small creeping herbs in between the step stones. The goal is for it to fill in the cracks and grow over the rocks here and there... Good eye! There's a strip of Ajuga near the cabin stairs too.

Thanks for the compliments. :drink up:

8. lawnsbybrown

lawnsbybrown LawnSite Member
    from Maine

you do great work PE, I see the dingo in every picture, seems youve gotten your use out of it. Would you buy another?

Also what is the benefit of the pine straw over traditional mulch...I never see it up here in Maine but seems in the south mid-western area its popular.

9. PerfectEarth

Would I buy a second Dingo? HA, no. Am I glad to have it? Yes! I would do it over again. It's an excellent machine for what we do and it has saved countless labor hours and strain.

Pine straw is excellent on weed prevention. It adds a lot of good stuff to the soil as it breaks down, especially with the types of plants we tend to use the most. The "look" is unique also- a natural texture, reddish color... Good bales are easy to lay fast and it goes further than a bag of Cedar or Cyprus for about the same cost. It's not for everyone, but I think next year we'll be splitting a semi trailer with someone because we've gone thru a lot of bales this year.

10. brandoncuts54

brandoncuts54 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks fricken awesome as usually!