Perfect Earth Landscape

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PerfectEarth, May 9, 2010.

1. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

The soil looks very sandy, no?

2. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont think the cultivator can level out as well as a harley rake, but it does bury the debris.

3. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks great as always and just like others have said that Dingo is such a useful piece of small equipment. Used one many times. I've also used the cultivator attachment, just once, and unfortunately did not work for me. The ground was either too hard or something as the tiller would not dig down. Again I know it works well as I used it later in my yard but for whatever reason did not like the soil I was working with. Ever had any of these issues? In the Toro videos on their site is shows it chewing through established grass/weeds, etc... I had very sparse grass and mostly bare soil to work with but it was kind of hard and had been real dry.

4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Because of that issue and using a tiller in general (walk-behind or otherwise) I'm designing a ripper for my machine to break the soil compaction before tilling. That should make a massive difference in the tilling results.

My Beef with a Harley rake is that you don't relieve the compaction in the soil so water penetration and getting a good stand of quality grass is harder to do.

I know I'm highjacking so I apologize PE. ;)

5. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Not really.... the existing soil in the yard was very nice. What we brought in was very nice topsoil.

Agree completely with that Harley rake assessment. Hijack anytime!

6. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

Can the Dingo take full size attachments? if not , are mini skid attachments universal like full size skid attachments?
    Steve

7. PerfectEarth

No, but they sell adapter plates so you can use slap a few things on I guess (buckets, forks maybe?)

I'm not sure about the universality of all the mini-skid attachments. I think the Bobcat brand mini skid won't take the Toro brand attachments without an adapter. ??

8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Full sized attachments might be too heavy or the hydro flow might not be correct, though it looked like PE used a full size breaker on his mini. :dizzy:

Yes. As long as the attachments are the standard Dingo plate, then they are all universal. That and I do believe they all use a flat-faced coupler. I have had some attachments leak a bit on the coupler and I'm not sure if it's wear or a metric/standard size issue as I know some couplers are a tiny bit different.

Rental house tried to blame the leak on my couplers for my Vermeer and I told them to S&^# IT! :laugh:

And to verify PE's statement, Bobcat is the only odd ball of the bunch.

9. PerfectEarth

That's a mini-skid breaker!! I swear. Thing was a beast though.

10. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

Speaking of mounting plates, check out this doozy I managed to do on my Boxer!
    :hammerhead:

[​IMG]