1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Perfect Earth Landscape

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PerfectEarth, May 9, 2010.

1. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Perf-love the boulder/stone action, nice! How about some plant ID?
    The heavy white bloomer is a hydrangea? If so, variety? (I ask because I'm looking for one that will handle all that intense sun.)
    The tree form purple bloomer with the multiple trunk, I think I saw one in white as well?
  2. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks excellent! Keep the pics coming. Looking for any extra hands?
  3. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I was thinking the tree form purple bloomers were a form of crapemyrtle, and the white bloomer appear to be hydrangeas to me.
  4. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

White blooming Hydrangea is a 'Little Lamb' variety.

Other multi-stemmed trees are Crape Mytle... lavender ones are "Muskogee" and the white is "Natchez"

We will add another white for some balance... Thanks for the comments!

BleedGreen- Yes, we could be looking for another guy here very soon.
  5. Big Dog Diablo

Big Dog Diablo LawnSite Senior Member

Thought I might add to the back discussion. I am almost 40 and have been dealing with a herniated disc for 15 years and after several thoughts over the years to have surgery I kept putting it off. Around January a friend told me to try an inversion table and once you get used to using it it is money well spent. So far I am pretty much pain free and no stiffness in the morning when I wake up. Just thought i might share and hope it helps.
  6. PerfectEarth

Thanks! I was on one during some PT and at first it was very aggravating... but then it felt a bit better after a few tries. One of my customers SWEARS by his. I can see it sitting in his basement every time we mow!

How much was your table?
  7. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Even if you don't need this table it fells amazing after getting stretched out.
  8. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Any updates man? With the company or your health?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. PerfectEarth

I've really fallen off updating the thread. I'm even slacking on pictures lately! We are doing so much work. It's been a good year. Trying to finish up some landscape jobs and then get into leaf season.

I've been obsessively focused on work and business this year. 4 of us working most of the year, now down to 3 after a guy quit. Have just hit 250,000 for the year in revenue with decent profits- a milestone I am pretty proud of for our size. Going to continue to grow slow and smart next year. But I really need to grow fast. lol, we have so much demand for work coming in that I am missing really good opportunities.

Back problems are doing ok, thanks for asking. Have had some leg pain here recently. Just trying to work/move around smarter and not strain and lift too much. Looking forward to winter and getting back into stretching and therapy.

This has been a tough year - lots of paperwork and accounting, office time on nights and weekends, almost NO rain days or breaks... very strange in terms of almost NO work delays due to weather. But a good year for plants and turf around here.

Wife and I bought a boat too. hahaha. Need something to have fun with next year instead of working all the time.
  10. PLLandscape

PLLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on the success!! You've worked hard and do exceptional work. No wonder you're so busy!!
    Posted via Mobile Device