Lawn Care Forum banner

Perfect Earth Landscape

307K views 809 replies 136 participants last post by  PLLandscape 
#1 ·
Thought I'd make a thread for a bunch of my work pics. I've posted a bunch before in the past but they're scattered everywhere! Enjoy! These first are mostly install pics, I'll have a bunch of maintenance pics and equipment pictures also. Have not really been active here in the past year or so...

Flower Plant Building Window Door

Plant Building Window Property House

Plant Window Property Building Leaf

Plant Tree Land lot House Landscape

Plant Brickwork Building Grass Brick

See less See more
#5 ·
like the dingo. did you use a bed edger
The Dingo is GREAT! Love it. No bed edger. All my edges are spade-made. Except I did just buy a Echo Bed Redefiner. That thing is great for all my established edges...and it has to be dry to be used effectively.

#12 ·
i also do my edges with spades. i heard about the echo bed redefiners, but nothing good. seems like you like yours
It really helped me knock out some major edging prep work this year. They key is keeping it clean and using it in dry conditions. Luckily, the whole month of April was very dry around here and it just tore through some edging jobs. What would take 2-3 guys HOURS of labor at one property took 20 minutes with the Redefiner. Tough to spend 675$ on one but I had to have one.

#14 ·
It really helped me knock out some major edging prep work this year. They key is keeping it clean and using it in dry conditions. Luckily, the whole month of April was very dry around here and it just tore through some edging jobs. What would take 2-3 guys HOURS of labor at one property took 20 minutes with the Redefiner. Tough to spend 675$ on one but I had to have one.
Sounds pricey. like the leaf hauler. must be nice. very nice equipment

#15 ·
Thanks, AGM. Yea, the leaf box is very handy! I love sucking up leaves!

Here are some planter shots- I'm doing more and more planter work every year. I like it, it's just time consuming though.... Mostly just selecting the items.

Flower Plant Botany Petal Flowerpot

Flower Plant Petal Groundcover Shrub

Flower Plant Flowerpot Grass Yellow

Flower Plant Petal Houseplant Botany

Plant Flower Plant community Terrestrial plant Leaf vegetable

#16 ·
wow i love your work, and im hoping to get a dump trailer similar to your too. im working on getting more landscape work, right now im hit and miss with mowing customers. Any tips for getting the work?

#17 ·
Everything looks good.

#19 ·
The Dingo is GREAT! Love it. No bed edger. All my edges are spade-made. Except I did just buy a Echo Bed Redefiner. That thing is great for all my established edges...and it has to be dry to be used effectively.
how much is the echo bed redefiner

#22 ·
wow i love your work, and im hoping to get a dump trailer similar to your too. im working on getting more landscape work, right now im hit and miss with mowing customers. Any tips for getting the work?
Thank you! I think a dump trailer is a must if you mostly do landscape work. As I grow (hopefully)... I'd like to have dump trailers- maybe not AS big as mine currently- be THE go-to tool for my operation. They are just so versatile. Mine is 12,000#.... I'd like to stick with 10,000# from now on and maybe an F-450 next, so that I can keep future employees under CDL. I refuse to hand-unload anything at the end of the day. Part-timers like working with me because of the dump set-up (truck-trailer)...

As for straight landscape work, I guess my best advice would be pay close attention to DETAIL and work off REFERRALS! Take your one or two landscape jobs (a mulch job, trimming, a small install, whatever), do great work, and let word of mouth spread. I mow 3 yards- I love mowing, but it is not my main gig by far. I started out making landscape work my niche, not grass.

Make a brochure that lists additional services and mail it out to your mowing customers- let them know what you provide. You could stick it in an invoice envelope and DONE. I hand out very professional brochures instead of cards and people eat that up. And it does not mention mowing!:)

how much is the echo bed redefiner
With tax, 675.

looks real good! the grass in the 2nd pic, post number 8 looks like it would be a pain to mow!
Thanks! Yea, that turf gets the trimmer only. It's a third tier down in a very complex backyard. You could barely carry a push mower to it.

#23 ·
A small renovation/install I did last year, spring clean-up and 14-14-14 today... The last pic is what the Echo Redefiner is capable of- these rings were totally collapsed, 3 times around with it and raked out, and it's ready for mulch. No edgings taken out.

Plant Flower Window Building Property

Plant Property Window Green Leaf

Automotive parking light Plant Flower Land vehicle Car

Plant Road surface Tree Trunk Grass

#24 ·
Traded out a little work with a good buddy who helped me with my brochures over the winter. This is a church garden that I set up.... a little kill-off, strip, and till a week ago. Nice little volunteer project. Soil is GREAT too. Should be a nice garden.

Plant Tree Sky Natural landscape Vehicle

Wheel Plant Tire Motor vehicle Tree

Plant Tree Land lot Grass Road surface

Plant Vehicle Wheel Tree Land lot

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.