Perfect Earth Landscape

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PerfectEarth, May 9, 2010.

1. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Ha, well good to know. I will look those up and check them out. I run everything Stihl....it might be hard to switch brands!

And yes, I go over my shrubs 2-3 times, each time either lightly raking or shaking my hand over them to get the clippings out and pop up any uncut areas. Some of these Wintergem Boxwoods get so top heavy the braches sag and you gotta release the weight and go over them a few times. it's a pain, but I like the results- it's something that's worth doing well and taking your time with....

Absolutely! My back and midsection gets tortured doing these jobs. Thanks for the word on the 45s! Might be buying some. Starting to do a LOT more trimming jobs. eeeeuuugh.

2. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

Hedge trimming is my least favorite but i think i will take your words into consideration next time i am trimming a row of boxes.

3. PerfectEarth

Squeezed in a little install (just 11 things) for a local garden club. It's an old chapel property from 1869 or something like that... Pretty cool. I'll get a pic of the facade later. Had to wood chip mulch a natural garden area, thought it would look bad but it turned out pretty nice! Doesn't look like much but that is 4 FULL trucks of aged woodchips. It ate it up!

Plus, a house I maintain every week.

And some dingo shots at the garden. I love that thing. I know you guys love equipment shots......:rolleyes:

maybe I'll grab a pic of a weedeater so everyone can talk about it for days!!;)

DSC03131.JPG

DSC03132.JPG

DSC03135.JPG

DSC03136.JPG

4. PerfectEarth

Note: I didn't put any plants in that wood chip area- i am not responsible for the hostas, etc!!!! Wink wink.

Some more from the chapel garden, unloading some nice material!... AND some delivery shots for the fun of it. Great compost!

DSC03128.JPG

DSC03129.JPG

DSC03137.JPG

DSC03138.JPG

DSC03139.JPG

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Does it ever get annoying dragging around so many trailers and unhooking and re-hooking and what not?

6. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah about the rabbits, someone said they hit a baby the other day. Add me to that list, I hit a baby bunny Thursday mowing one of my weekly accounts. Felt bad but I guess its part of the job sometimes.

7. PerfectEarth

Not at all a big deal. Don't really even thing about it! The efficiency of running that truck and either the dump trailer or the landscape trailer is well worth switching once a day, or not even. I really don't use the 14 ft. dovetail that much.... and I had that trailer built with a 2 5/16 Bulldog 10,000# coupler on it so the drop hitch receiver/ball on the F550 is never switched out. I also have a handy threaded "carabiner"-type steel loop for the trailer break-away lines. Everything changes out really easy.

8. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah ive hit a snake before with the 21'' on a overgrown yard but never no bunnies or birds.

9. rcdesigns

rcdesigns LawnSite Member

nice work on the beds!

10. rickyg

rickyg LawnSite Member

That is some really impressive looking work. I am amazed at how well you do your work, I really don't get to see anything that would even come close to that in my neighborhood.