1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Perfect lawn care truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by LawnsRUsInc., Mar 22, 2005.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Who here feels that they have the perfect lawn care truck. Iam looking for ideas as i was inclined to buy a cabover Isuzu. Lets see some photos or ideas.
  2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I just a PU but the guy I used to work for has 3 F-450s with dump beds on them. He can pull a trailer and in the fall use the dump bed for leaves. In the winter he can throw a spreader in the bed and plow on the front. Seems ideal to me.
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Those lawn trucks seem over-rated to me. Considering the cost, and the fact that they are have quite limited uses. With just a pick-up you could drive to store or something and not feel like an idiot. IMO the perfect lawn truck is a 3/4 or 1 ton 4X4 with a V-plow and spreader, and a good trailer behind it.
  4. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Why didn't you title this thread "Who has the perfect lawn care truck?" instead of "Perfect lawn care" ???
  5. xtremelawns

xtremelawns LawnSite Member

Your obviously are part time or Not Mowing more then 30 yards. if you think a pick up is all u need.

I have a 24 ft enclosed trailer wit 3 riders and a walk behind. Normal pickups wont manage. I use a Dodge 3500 Turbo Cummins Wit a mason Dump Bed.
    The dump comes in handy when delivering mulch/stone/soil and so on.. But if a normal pick up is what ur business needs then Kool Beans lol
  6. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I only do lawn care so what I need will be different than some of the nortthern outfits. I would set up with a 1 ton 4x4 crew cab, w a ez dumper and a 16ft high side heavy duty open lawn care trailer. It doesent snow much around here so I really dont need a plow, however I do install alot of mulch so a ez dumper in the truck bed and a high sided trailer are more important to me!
  7. xtremelawns

xtremelawns LawnSite Member

kool. I used to use a regular pick up but after doing some asphalt removal i learned very quickly it wasnt going to HOld up haha. Aint that the truth about everybodys needs being different
  8. franniedog

franniedog LawnSite Member

I believe I got the perfect lawn care truck last year.If you look under my ultimate lawn care truck in the past threads.I must say tho that in this buisness it seems what might be great for some does not cut it for others.Having the perfect truck is qiute personal and subject to ones own wants and desires.It is also subject to where you live and work and what services you do and what services you dont do.For me tho I found my perfect truck last year.
  9. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I have to say franniedog that is one sweet RIG!
  10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I think this truck is going to do the trick w/ me. Hopefully will add more just like it in the next few years. I have about 15k invested in everything and it is a '99 has just over 100k. I am going to get some more pics when it is finished getting lettered.