1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pergola Ideas

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by getthenet, Dec 21, 2007.

1. getthenet

getthenet LawnSite Member

We Have Got To Build A Pergola Over A 24' By 40' Patio. We Could Use All The Ideas You Have. Any Pics Would Be Helpful. We Have Built These Before But I Want This One To Be Unique. He Already Has A Very Nice Pool And A 50 Grand Patio And Outdoor Kitchen. It Needs To Be Really Nice. 1st Thing Is What To Build It Out Of. Western Cedar, Cypress, Steel, Treated Lumber. Need Some Ideas From You. Thanks.
  2. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you considered subbing it out to a high end fence company that builds these all of the time?
  3. getthenet

getthenet LawnSite Member

We Have A Show In February. This Will Give Us Work Till Then And We Will Be Out Of The Mud. I Don't Want To Sub It Out. Just Want Some Ideas That We Have Not Seen Around Here. Thanks
  4. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you may want to consider involving a designer for this project- may be a small investment for a really cool winter project.

Keep in mind that standard pt lumber will warp, twist, check, crack, and do all kinds of funky things that will create go-backs for you.
  5. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

How elaborate do you want to go on the pergola. I have some pics of some but I am not sure what you are looking for. Fully enclosed top, Open top with sunshade or partial open/closed?
  6. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Until we know what the style of the house and types of material the house is constructed of, it will be very hard to help you.
  7. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

getthenet: Can you please type like a normal person by not capitalizing every single word in each and every sentence? It makes your posts extremely hard to read. Thanks in advance for your help.
  8. TerraVenture

TerraVenture LawnSite Member