Perimeter Pest Intervals?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Victor, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

For those of you that do perimeter pest control applications and your name doesn't rhyme with sick :laugh:, what kind of interval do you prefer to have in between your applications? Some guys like to go out every other month when home invading insects are active. Others like to operate on a 3 month, or longer rotation. Variables like application rate, what you're trying to control, etc. will determine how far you can space apps, while still maintaining control obviously. I just was wondering how far apart those of you in the zone 5/6 area like to space yours.

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Hi Victor

My Name rhymes with SLICK so I guess I can Reply, But not to answer your question. I am wondering which Convenience stores are now selling Ohio Pesticide Licenses???

3. Victor

Your name also rhymes with another word that I think is more applicable in regards to you. :)

Be careful down there in Florida Ric. It would be a shame if a Croc got you while you were out doing an application.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Victor

Please accept my most Humble apology for my last post. It was very crass of me to even suggest you bought your License in a Convenience stores. I should have said Pony-Keg.

5. Victor

Pony-Keg huh? :laugh:

6. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

victor
    what has worked good for me is: spring app in april (dry (sevin), the water that we receive works it into the ground and i get good contrl) then in about 6 weeks jun/july, i'll do a liquid app of talstar one/crosscheck or sevin, then in sept i'll do a dry app, again the rain works the chemical into the soil.

also what i consider is what kind of landscape they have, if they have alot of mature trees, i might add another app for the carpenter ants they seem to be a breeding ground for ants, an app of delta guard around the trunks will do a wonder for the ant populations

7. Victor

Thanks for the good feedback Teeca. It's not hard to tell that very few members in this forum offer structural pest control services. I think that's a shame, because of the merits of this service.

8. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Getting a pesticide license in NY is bad enough, structural permits are REALLY a pain to get here. The requirements are through the roof. I have no intention of ever getting licensed for it.

9. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Hi Vic! Our most common critters we treat are: ants, clover mites, digger wasps, fleas/ticks, millipedes/silverfish/sowbugs, mosquitos, spiders, and springtails.

Some local outfits try to sell four treatments per year. We treat only when the customer asks us to -- this usually means just once or twice.

We use Sevin dust (digger wasps) , Sevin granules (typically for those rascals hiding in mulch, etc), and liquid sprays (lawn gun or J-D9 pistol).

I know we could upsell more app's, but we don't. I usually spray around our home & office 6 or 8 times with the leftover product in my tank>>> an advantage of having your own business:laugh: