1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

( Perk) Organic Iron

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Stafford Landscaping, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Stafford Landscaping

Stafford Landscaping LawnSite Member

I got some Perk It's organic Iron for one of my small lawns because it was looking a little stressed from the heat. This is the first time I have used it.
    And I was wondering if anybody has used it before and what kind of results did you get. I'm hoping it will be a little more green after we get a little rain on it.
  2. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

i heard it works great for people that are about to have a party, graduation, wedding, to impress guests. how did it work for you?

would you redommend it?
  3. qbacker

qbacker LawnSite Member

Perk works great. It will green up the lawn very well without additional growth. I use it alot for summer apps. And since the bag reads "Organic" you may be able to charge a premium for the app. Just remember to blow off all the hard surfaces or you'll get rust spots.
  4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

How much does it cost, and where can I get it? Thanks
  5. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

Shemin Nurseries is where i get it from. I think they changed the name. I am looking at the catalog and can't find it..

i put ironite from English gardens on my yard once while the concrete was wet and i did get rust spots all over. however, with time, they dissapeared. did not see any effect though. Perk should be a lot better.