Perkins/Mitsubishi Engine

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by RickyDL77, May 1, 2014.

1. RickyDL77

RickyDL77 LawnSite Senior Member

Got an ASV SR80, someone ran it with no oil idling for about an hour...result was clankity clankity clankity.... Got it in the shop and we expected a spun bearing but had no time to get in it as the snow season kept us on our heels all winter. We have outsourced to an older gentleman that does great work, although slow. He disassembled the engine and found all that was wrong was a broken crankshaft, clean engine otherwise.
    He has been trying to locate a replacement crank but has had no luck, been a little over a month. Engine only had 560 hours so we would like to replace the crank instead of a reman ($8,000) or updated tier 4 engine which is around $12,000. Is their any places in the US that you good people may know about that can get me a new crankshaft for Perkins engine?Crank new is about $2500.00 and the man doing the rebuild is charging us dirt cheap. My manager does not want a reman crank which I've found on E-bay for $1500.00. everyone that I've spoken to says a new crank is hard to come by.
    So far he can get one from England, almost 2 months wait time...

Engine specs are:
    Model: 804C-T
    Serial: UF35217J008447N
    Machine is an ASV SR80
    Mitsubishi Block Stamp is S4S-D

Any help or recommendations to mechanic shops anywhere in the US would be greatly appreciated.

2. Z'mnypit

Z'mnypit LawnSite Member

3. RickyDL77

RickyDL77 LawnSite Senior Member

Great, thanks Z'mnypit.

4. Z'mnypit

Z'mnypit LawnSite Member

If they can help or know where one is locally I don't mind helping out. I can pick it up ship it etc.

5. creekside1

creekside1 LawnSite Member
    from PA

I just had the same exact thing happen to my asv sr80. I couldn't even find a reman, they wanted my engine to rebuild. I could have gotten a crank from Europe in two weeks with a price tag of $3700. You better check out the rod also and make sure that isn't bad. They wanted $366 for the connecting rod. If you want pm me you phone number and I will explain what I did.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

A "real good" machine shop could weld the original crank, however the 1500$ option is better.

7. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

foleyengines.com

They may be able to help.

8. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

A cat dealer may be able to help you also. I belive they used the same engines in some of their machines.