1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

perm-a-green centri pump wire rots off

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Apr 18, 2004.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

this is the third time that the wire under the spray pump rotted off . 2 times i had to replace the pump ,this time i got lucky and there was a little left on the connector that i could attach the wire to. you guys ever had this problem?
  2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

No never had that problem. I had to replace the pump on my Centri due to low output. How often do you clean your PG????
  3. ant

i rince it off once a week.
  4. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Yes, we have had pump wires corrode on us

I know PG does not recommend cleaning by water but rather blowing. I find you must hose those things down daily, then dry as best you can with a blower.

Just another time consuming issue with them.
  5. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

if it has the same pump as ours you should be able to remove the cover and crimp a new wire on to the conector
  6. ant

2 times the conector was eaten away.
  7. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I've just made it a habit to replace the wire harness in the winter time so you're not fighting with those problems through the year. The little regulator is best if you gum up with marine lube so to keep the contacts from corroding.